Pages

Thursday 20 September 2012

The Latest Reviews!

The Latest Quick Game Reviews! 

Sleeping Dogs is Awesome?  Borderlands 2 is Good? Black Mesa is Amazing?


Thought i would give a quick review on some games i have played recently!  
Before i do though remember my reviews are not based on any other reviews, the are what I think of the game!  I also focus hard on story and game play so enjoy!

Sleeping Dogs.

So far I love this game, the city is gritty, interesting and full of life and the things you can do in said city are plentiful!  

The highlights of this game are defiantly the awesome fighting engine (for once in a game I prefer fighting over gun play), the movement (The parkour style running makes it fun to run!) and the driving (for once...)! 

The story is also great and as both a cop and gangster I really want to see how this story plays out and what will happen, I will also admit that I have grown a likeness to the characters but don't tell anyone......

I highly recommend it! 

9 One Hit Kill Karate Chops out of 10.

________________________________________

Borderlands 2.


I have only just gotten into this game recently but played enough to give an opening thought.  First off I wasn't a massive fan of the first one, I enjoyed it a little but I only worked up the energy to finish it when a mate jumped in for Co-Op.  

I admit that this game is a Co-Op game but I hate the "Play to Win" attitude of most gamers now days (specially Console gamers) so Co-Op drives me insane and makes the game pointless.  Maybe ill give it ago with my Borderlands 1 buddy later on...

I always feel its a bit repetitive, the missions seem to be similar but I like the story in this one better then the first. (having a single bad guy to chase makes it exciting!)

I will update this later down the track if I keep playing.

7 Crazed Slayer Fans out of 10.
________________________________________

Black Mesa.


This game has simply blown my mind...

The original Half Life game was brilliant, the levels where amazing and varied, the guns amazed a generation, the graphics where stunning for the time and the story was mystical and dark yet extremely exciting!  Black Mesa is all that but better and more pretty...

Basically a group of modders have built this whole game using the Source Engine shown off in Half Life 2 but for a game that didn't come out of a studio it is defiantly my favorite game of 2012.  Why?  Well basically they got it right, the same Half Life 1 game from 1998 just made pretty, also the extra slight changes from the original levels is exciting like an added office or room.  The voice acting is also well done with most spoken lines sounding just like the original, including the addition of young Half Life 2 characters like Eli Vance.

The combat works exactly like the first game with pretty much the same weapons and they feel heavy and like they pack a punch, unlike the more mature future weapons of Half Life 2 that feel futuristic and kinda soft.

I feel like I could talk about this forever but I wont, when the game is 100% completed I will do a second review and hopefully it wont be 2000 pages long!

10 Angry Head Crabs out of 10.



END


Next up:
- The 1995 Mortal Kombat movie is the best gaming movie EVER!
- More Reviews!
- More Minecraft!
- My Tekkit Creations.

0 comments:

Post a Comment